1. In Britain you can drive a car when you’re 17.
2. Have you lived in London for a long time.
3. «Do you drink green tea?» «Yes, every morning!»
4. I am very pleased to hear that you passed your exams.
5. Oh no! The phone’s not working and I have to call my mother — it’s her birthday today.
Is it? Don’t worry. I’ll let you use my mobile.
6. «How long have you been playing chess?
7. Printing was invented in ancient China.
8. I had to stop at the traffic lights because they were red.
9. That’s the man who’s wife is a doctor.
10. «Who does this hat belong to?
«I don’t know. But it looks quite fashionable so it might belong to Jane.
11. Both boys’ faces were red with embarrassment.
12. You look very tired! What have you been doing?
13. I was really depressed after I watched that film.
14. She won the race in spite all the others being professional athletes.
15. We arrived at the cinema late. The film had already started.
16. It’s Sunday and so I don’t have to go to work.
17. If I knew, I would have told you.
18. Tom and Sue broke up last May. Now she’s getting married to Andrew.
19. I asked two people the way to the metro but neither of them knew
20. Next year, I hope I’ll be able to speak French fluently.
21. It’s Ok. I remembered to bring the tickets. Here they are.
22. They are great friends but they don’t meet each other very often.
23. I wish I had studied computing at school when I was younger.
24. You look hungry! Would you like some tea and cake?
25. I took my car to the garage yesterday, because it was making strange noises.
26. «There is too much traffic on the roads of New York.»
27. Andrew bought Susan a few roses.
28. Because of the bad economic situation, 200 workers were made redundant last month.
29. You mustn’t take photographs inside this church.
30. When I was a boy I used to live in Sydney.